Thursday 12 June 2008

Sophia Loren - Loren Using Musical To Recover From Husbands Death


Italian actress SOPHIA LOREN is using her role in forthcoming screen musical NINE to help her recover from the death of her husband.

Loren's partner of more than 40 years, Carlo Ponti, died last year (07) at the age of 94, and the actress admits she was devastated by the loss.

But the 73-year-old is convinced that her appearance in the Hollywood adaptation of the Broadway show will finally help her feel happy again.

She says, "I met him (Ponti) when I was 15; we were together for a lifetime, it's so sad for me.

"To be in an American musical is the dream of my life. Musicals make you feel alive. I can't wait to start."

Loren will star alongside Penelope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Nicole Kidman and Dame Judi Dench in the Rob Marshall-directed movie, which is scheduled to begin production later this year (08).





See Also